Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Packing

As I am gathering the items we need to pack, I can't help remembering our trip for Isaac. Yesterday I reread my blog posts from that time. I laughed and cried; so many emotions and I can still feel them all like I was there again.

Here are a few of the things I have for this trip…

This is the bear we bought for Samuel. We will have it with us when we meet him just like we had a stuffed monkey for Isaac. Our first pictures of Isaac show him clutching that monkey.


I read this book to Isaac almost every night in China. Because Isaac didn't speak English I hoped it would be an easy book to read together; it is a song with an easy melody, repetition, rhyming, and hand motions. Those moments are treasured memories. Now we will take it for Samuel and Isaac can sing it with me.



This last year Isaac had an amazing teacher in second grade. She and the class made this picture book for Samuel to help him start learning some words.


Water bottles for my boys. Both of them. My heart is bursting with anticipation.



Matching t-shirts. Who knows how long I will get to do this!  The plan is to have them wearing these when we arrive home. I have no idea if that will work out, but I'm going to try!




It's getting real, countdown to take off is a single digit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment