Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Two Weeks

Two weeks and two days… I can't believe it's only been that long. Oh how our world has changed in the last month! Although I can't account for all our time, somehow we are exhausted at the end of every day. So many of our friends have reached out to help us, and we are so very thankful for how they have helped us have the space to connect and learn to be a family.

Speaking of learning, that's the biggest theme of our lives right now. (Maybe that's why we're exhausted!)

Samuel has new words every day; he's riding a bike now. He loves accessorizing, he's trying and loving new foods, and he's trusting that family may leave but they come home.
Isaac's first day of 3rd grade!

Getting on the bus

Samuel was devastated for his brother to leave. 

Together again! Also, sunglasses on head.

Sam loves going places in the car and pushes me to go somewhere (anywhere!) ALL DAY. So I'm trying to spread out our errands to accommodate a daily outing.
 
This is his excited face when I tell him we are going out. Notice the "necklace".
I'm learning how to be a mother to Samuel. He's a happy guy and fun to play with- and that is so helpful to me as I learn again how to be constantly available. He likes to check every minute or so that Mama is still nearby.

Isaac meanwhile is loving 3rd grade. He still loves dancing and art. We just signed him up for hip hop lessons in September. I can't wait to see what he learns!
Isaac's most recent portrait of me. My mom says it captures my spirit. Lol.


The boys are learning to share- their parents, their toys, and their space. It's not easy, but I am so proud of how well they have both moved into the "brother" roles. They truly adore each other.
Their shirts say "older brother" and "younger brother". Samuel's preferred name is Di di and he will only call Isaac Ge ge. And the lanyard.

The big bike rider- complete with sunglasses, bracelet, anf minions fruit snacks. 

Discovering cherries. And sunglasses on head.

He concentrates on his chores by sticking his tongue out. He had found these toy tools and was fixing things for me.

At the playground. This day's accessory, along with a bracelet, was a chip clip on the sleeve. He wore it ALL DAY.

Right now Samuel is watching his favorite show, "Super Why". I hear him yelling, "Super Why, to the rescue!" He mimics well although he doesn't yet know what the words are. Since he doesn't do much TV I use every opportunity he gives me to get something done. So today's only accomplishment outside of "Samuel time" is this blog. You're welcome. And now we'll chi fan. (Eat lunch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment